Friday, July 16, 2010

Being Fat Makes You Stupid

Check out this article from HealthDay Reporter via Yahoo News.  Apparently the more excess weight a woman who is past menopause carries, the worse her memory is.  Just one more reason to get the weight off.  Looks like I have a few years yet before this particular side effect hits.  Because 39 years ago today my mother gave birth to a baby with such chubby cheeks that all the orderlies in the hospital called her "Chipmunk", and that would be me!

And by the way, I'm closing in on one month sugar-free.  I've only lost a few pounds but I still feel so much better; it's totally worth it. 

Have a fab day, everybody.

6 comments:

A said...

Oh congrats Liz on the sugar free month :-)
Have a great weekend.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Belated happy birthday wishes! And congrats on the sugar free month!

Nona said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope you had a wonderful celebration.

Congrats also on the sugar free month!!! Diabetes runs in my family so though I'm not sugar free, but I limit my sugar and carb intake and feel a lot better for doing so.

Keep up the good work and I'm sure the pounds will keep coming off.

Gina fitby41maybe42 said...

It must be true. I'm not post-menopause, yet, but I keep "forgetting" that I don't want second portions or that yummy cake.

A sugar-free month? Awesome.

Gina fitby41maybe42 said...

It must be true. I'm not post-menopause, yet, but I keep "forgetting" that I don't want second portions or that yummy cake.

A sugar-free month? Awesome.

Jill Knapp- 100 poundsgone said...

Great blog! I enjoyed my visit!