Monday, October 10, 2011

My Favorite Low-Carb Breakfast... Mmmm Eggs And Cheese!



Easy peasy.  Spray non-stick cooking spray in a microwave-safe bowl.  Crack three eggs into the bowl.  Don't be like me... remember to pierce the yolks so they don't explode on you later.  Pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream over the eggs and lay 3 or 4 ounces worth of cheese on top. I like to slice pieces of a good slab of mild cheddar into my eggs.  Sprinkle salt, pepper and dried dill over the top.  Do not stir this at any point, it's not necessary.  Somehow the cream and eggs combine into a cross between a souffle (that didn't rise) and an omelet. 

Cover with waxed paper and microwave for two minutes.  If it's runny, microwave at 30 second increments until it's no longer runny.  Allow it to cool for a few minutes and then dig in.

3 comments:

A said...

I love love love cheese on my eggs Liz! have to try this :-)

Ali said...

Low-Carb Breakfast is my favorite..

hcg for sale
hcg diet

Buladi said...

Eggs are also part of my breakfast.

hcg diet