Sunday, November 29, 2009

Okay, I Lied, No Brownies Today… Chocolate Cookies Instead!

Forgive me? Of course you do. Who doesn’t like cookies.

I have three recipes I want to try, a trifecta of chocolaty goodness: brownies made with All Bran, brownies made with pumpkin, and today's crunchy chocolaty fiberific cookies:  Fiber One Crunchy Fudge Cookies.  The recipe references name brand products but I just used whatever was on-hand, and I substituted a couple things. Here’s my version of the cookies:

1 box brownie mix
2 C Fiber One (I used All Bran)
2 T mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/8 t ground cinnamon
1/3 C water
1 T vegetable oil (I used unsweetened applesauce)
2 t vanilla
1 egg

Heat oven to 350 and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients at once in a large bowl using a spoon. (The dough is very stiff.)



Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet to rack to cool completely.

I got 35 cookies from the recipe.  Next time I'll try using egg whites instead of a whole egg, to reduce the point value a little.  But these are fabulous!  Chocolaty and crunchy, and the fiber cereal seems more like little bits of coconut than bran.  A winner for sure! 



2 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

YOU are a chocolate-y goddess! Thanks for the recipe!

I've heard that you can sub ground flax seed for eggs in baking, but I've never tried it. The note I made was for 3 Tbs. water + 1 Tbs. ground flaxseed, mixed well, and that's supposed to equal 1 egg. Don't know what that does to your point values.

liz said...

i haven't tried the flax for egg thing, i will have to put that on the to-try list! it might add a nice nutty flavor.