Wednesday, December 2, 2009

10 POUNDS in 3 WEEKS!

I wanted to do it by Thanksgiving but I’ll take the Wednesday after Thanksgiving! Now I want to lose 10 more lbs by Christmas, though 6 lbs is a more reasonable goal since that’s 3 weigh-in’s away. I just lost more at first because of that initial jump in weight loss I’ve always experienced when starting a new eating plan, probably due to losing water weight.


I’m not doing anything drastic. I’m journaling my food, eating all my daily points and all my weekly points. I try to eat healthy things for the most part, but one of the best parts of Weight Watchers is that nothing is off-limits. I brought cookies to work yesterday and mentioned that they were 1.5 points each… another girl said she was going to bring in some treats but they were definitely not Weight Watchers’ food. And I thought to myself “oh no, you are wrong my friend, it’s ALL Weight Watchers’ food. It just may not be very point-friendly!” Which I’m sure is what she meant, but it just brought to mind one of the things that makes Weight Watchers a lifestyle, not a diet. No foods are off-limits. If you have the points for it, you can use them and stay on your path to a healthier life. But you are encouraged to eat healthier, more filling foods, and to make better choices overall, which will maximize your use of points. Yes, I sound like I drank the kool-aid, but I’m pumped, I just lost 10 lbs!

Enough about me. How are you? Have a fab evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Liz!!! You Rock!!! The cookies were yummy! I have to admit I ate them all, and didn't share with the kids :). Keep up the great work!! Nicole

liz at imsheddingthefatsuit said...

thank you! and glad you liked the cookies! i will make more for the kids and the first batch can be our little secret :) stay tuned, i will be trying out the brownies-with-canned-pumpkin this weekend.