Thursday, December 17, 2009

Why Do I Do It?

Why am I writing this blog?

Do I think what I have to say is more important than what anyone else has to say? No. Am I an expert on any subject besides what goes on in my head? No. Is my perspective completely unique? Doubtful.

So why am I doing this? Because it’s fun. I like it. Everyone has a hobby. This is one of mine. I enjoy hearing about the things that other people do and the things they take an interest in, and this is me sharing my interests.

Writing about it helps me focus. Publishing posts on the internet helps me with accountability. Am I going to eat Christmas candy? Sure. Am I exercising regularly? Not yet. Right now I’m just trying to make some better decisions each day.

I was inspired to blog about my efforts and thoughts by several people who have courageously shared their stories in this way. A few of my favorites: Roni of Roni’s Weigh. She is funny and and honest, and achieved her goal through serious commitment. Then there’s Cammy of The Tippy Toe Diet. She is engaging and supportive. She has met her goal and never fails to reach out with humor and encouragement to others on the same path. And last but not least there’s Bitch Cakes, whose personal insights and self-awareness are every bit as interesting as her fabulous style. These people embody what I strive to achieve for myself: the dedication to show oneself enough love and respect to live a healthier life. I want to be just like them when I grow up.

1 comment:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

What a sweetheart you are! Thank you.

You blog for the same reasons I do. This is a wonderfully supportive community, and I'm profoundly grateful our paths have crossed here!

Have a wonderful weekend, Liz!