Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One Pound A Week

Tonight was Weigh-In Night. I went to the Weight Watchers meeting and stepped on the scale, and saw I lost another pound, whoo hoo! That is 12.4 lbs lost since my first WW meeting November 11th, just a few weeks ago.

One pound may not sound like much, but I will take it, that is for sure! Last week at the WW meeting our leader handed out bookmarks with the 2010 holidays on it. The idea was if you lost one pound per week, how much would you have lost by Valentine’s Day? By the 4th of July? By Halloween? Think about it. There are 52 weeks in a year, if all I lost was one pound a week all next year, I would lose 52 lbs! Wow.

One thing I did differently this week was start exercising more consistently. I went ice-skating on Christmas Eve, and then Saturday, Sunday and Monday I went to the gym and did an hour of cardio: 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer and 30 minutes on the stationary bike. Then situps and stretching.

I was thinking about how I want to start working out at least three times a week; to make sure this week is not a fluke. And then She Wears a Red Sox Cap, another one of my favorite bloggers, posted the Elliptical Challenge 2010! See her post for details, but basically you set your own goal for how many minutes a week you will use the elliptical trainer through the first month of 2010. There's a prize-drawing for those who meet their goals.  Sign me up! I am totally in. And very excited about it. Except I just realized my gym is probably closed New Year’s Day, so I may have to do an hour on the elliptical on the next day to achieve my pledged 2 hours per week. And if it weren’t for the challenge, I would not be thinking about how I can make sure I get 2 hours of elliptical time in this week. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

She-Fit said...

WHoo! Congrats on the weight loss. All your hard work is paying off. Keep up the great work!

Kelly said...

1 pound a week is great! and very healthy- you don't want to lose too much, too quick or it won't stay off :)

I'm so glad the challenge is going to help you. Check in with your gym- mine is open New Years Day, though I don't think I'll be there haha

Anonymous Fat Girl said...

Best of luck, you CAN do this. I'm very happy for you and your loss. Way to go!