Sunday, July 5, 2009

Preparing for the Mulligan

I hope everyone had a fab 4th! I went to two bbq's and saw lots of awesome fireworks and a friend's cutecutecute 3 month-old baby girl. Today I'm preparing for Week 1 of The Mulligan. Starting Monday I'll be getting up ultra early to work out and then it's straight to work, so I'll be pooped when I get home. I figure it will be nice to have worked out and come home after work to a clean house, so today is a big house-cleaning day and making sure all the laundry's done so I have gym clothes and work-clothes. Nothing like the old "I don't have a clean sports bra!" excuse when you don't want to go to the gym at the crack of dawn, so I'm making sure it's not an option!

My 1-liter water bottles are full and chilling in the fridge.... I drink one on the elliptical and I'm going to try to drink the other at work. So my main goals for this week are 5 cardio workout's and 3 upper-body weight-lifting sessions for the week, and 2 liters of water a day. And I almost forgot adding in more fruits and veggies... I have bananas and frozen cherries, so I need to freeze some 'nanners so I can make cherry-banana smoothies. I could not resist the big bag of ruby red grapefruit so that is on hand for evening snacks. And I bought 2 kinds of lettuce and made hard-boiled eggs, so if I do my prep-work today I can take a salad for lunch tomorrow. My to-do list is growing, sigh. But I'll be glad when everything is ready.

Ok, I'm off to rotate the laundry, continue dusting and cleaning, and prep some salad. Wish me luck!

No comments: