Monday, April 12, 2010

Back on Track

I hadn't worked out or gone to a Weight Watchers meeting in a month, but I did both on Saturday.  I postponed my beloved Saturday morning errands for it, and paid the price.  When I finally got to the errands, EVERYONE was out  because it was a beautiful Saturday afternoon.  It was crowded and crazy everywhere I went.  Here's to better planning next Saturday! 

My weight is way up, no big surprise there.  I almost didn't go in to the WW meeting after weigh-in; I was excited about getting to the gym and didn't want to wait.  But I did go to the meeting and was so glad.  This week WW started a six week plan to get ready for a 5k on June 6th.  The expectation is to walk it, but I am going to take advantage of this opportunity to run it!  I am so pumped.  Sticking to the training plan means working out five days a week for the next six weeks.  I'm excited about getting back into working out.  Of course that means I will finally have to make before-work work-outs a habit.  Yikes.  But I can do it.  I hit the gym Saturday and Sunday, and this morning before work!  I ran a mile today, albeit very slowly, and am pretty darn proud of myself.

Have a fab week!

5 comments:

Megs said...

Congratulations on running the mile! I just completed the Couch-2-5K program (C25K) and am also getting ready to do my first one...here's to us :]

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Well done on getting back on track! I have no doubt that you can run that 5k!

Agnes said...

You ran a mile -- you go girl!!

Kelly said...

Congrats on the mile run! I did the Couch to 5K last year and running the 5k was a huge accomplishment! You are going to be so proud of yourself when you do it!

The Chubby Girl Diaries said...

Congrats on running the mile and for getting back on track! You are an inspiration! :)

I am learning that this is all a process and I suppose we all fall down sometimes. The important thing is that we get back up and YOU are doing that! You are fabulous! Keep up the great work!

~Kellie

PS Thank you so much for your words of encouragement on my blog! It means so much to me! :)