Monday, April 26, 2010

Crab Salad

The weather is warming up and I'm trying to think of ways to avoid cooking.  And eat real foods.  And incorporate more veggies.  And here is success #1!
  • A package of crabmeat or imitation crabmeat,
  • 2 tablespoons of mayo,
  • maybe 2 cups of cooked pasta shells,
  • a few generous dashes of dried dill (I love dill, I'll put it in anything), and
  • salt and pepper to taste.


Serve over a bed of fresh kale and enjoy. 



I tried to make little wraps with the kale but ended up making a mess instead, so I advise sticking to traditional salad presentation :)

10 comments:

Corletta said...

I love the taste of fresh crab meat; however, I had some imitation meat that has forever damaged my taste buds for crab meat...eeekk

The Chubby Girl Diaries said...

Yum! It looks so good and low-carb! I'm definitely going to try this! :)

~Kellie

Agnes said...

Ah it looks sooooo good Liz!!

p/s: I am coming over....

Lindsay said...

YUMMY looks so good! I'm so trying this out!

liz said...

thanks ladies! and corletta, too bad about the imitation meat incident, i won't ask for the details!

Carrie said...

looks yummy! you can also try using plain greek yogurt instead of the mayo. or do one scoop of the mayo and the rest greek yogurt. that's actually what i do in my tuna salad. i use a regular mayo (not light or FF) and just put one tsp in of the mayo and substitute the rest with the greek yogurt to get it to the consistency i want. it's a great way to cut the fat and still have the mayo flavor.

MamaTwana said...

Yummers! Great idea :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a lovely salad! I've been paging through your earlier recipes as well. I really like what you are doing here and I'll be back often to see what you've been cooking. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Nona said...

Salad looks delicious but I'd have to use something other than kale. I know it's good for you but it's so ... chewy!!!

liz said...

nona, i am on a big kale streak, to me it's this fabulous cross between lettuce and broccoli :)