Friday, February 26, 2010

F Factor Diet

I just watched a Hulu.com clip from The View about the F Factor Diet. I’m sure the less-than-four-minute clip left out a lot of details, but I liked what I heard: increase your fiber, lose weight. The emphasis is on reducing or eliminating refined carbs and replacing them with healthier versions: whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta, for instance.

The F Factor Diet has three stages: detox, weight loss and maintenance. In the two-week detox phase women lose four to six pounds, and in the weight loss phase they lose one to two pounds a week, depending on exercise. Sound familiar to anyone? One to two pounds a week is the generally accepted rule for a healthy and sustainable rate of weight loss.

No, I haven’t done any research on this other than watch the clip on Hulu. And no, I’m not going to change from Weight Watchers to the F Factor Diet. And maybe there’s some radical unhealthy aspect of the diet that I don’t know about. But it’s nice to see a common sense diet being hyped for once: increase your fiber intake, reduce refined carbohydrates while maintaining a healthy carbohydrate intake, and lose weight at a healthy rate. Bravo!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I hope we are headed more in that direction- common sense diets! :)

liz said...

totally!

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

That's what my philosophy has been.

Fiber- keeps you full, maintains blood sugar levels, lower*ahem*level health, low calorie

Good stuff.

Agnes said...

My sentiments exactly -- common sense diets.

Anonymous Fat Girl said...

You know I've noticed that a lot of the new "diets" have the same philosophies. Maybe people are finally getting it?