Many thanks to Journey Beyond Survival for the Happy 101 Award! I'm supposed to list 10 things that make me happy and pass the award on to 10 blogs that make me happy. See my lists here.
And more thanks to Journey Beyond Survival for including me in the list of bloggers she wants to know more about in her Honest Scrap post. I am now supposed to tell you ten pieces of honest scrap about myself.
1. I was a Navy Brat but when my dad retired after 20 years of service I was only seven years old. So I have the double experience of both remembering living on bases in California and Illinois and a couple other places after he retired, and then growing up in a small town.
2. I was born in Spain (another military base) and when I learned to talk, I was learning both English and Spanish. Of course I later forgot most of my Spanish but I took it in high school and college. I credit my early experience with the language for my good grades in the subject.
3. I hate it when my eyelashes get wet. When I shower I have a towel hanging over the shower rod especially to dry off my eyes.
4. I love getting pedicures but manicures are a waste of money for me. It lasts so much longer if I just do it myself.
5. I lost 80 lbs in my late 20’s and kept if off for about seven years. Which is why I am so frustrated with my current situation. How could I have let myself gain the weight back after keeping it off for so long?!
6. I had breast augmentation after I’d been at my goal weight for a couple years. When I was a little girl I always thought I’d grow up and have boobies, and then I barely did. So I took care of that myself and I’ve never regretted it.
7. I get cranky when I don’t get some alone-time regularly.
8. I love critters. Cats, dogs, horses, deer, raccoons, snakes, lizards, whatever. Love ‘em!
9. I have a snowboard but haven’t used it since I gained the weight back. Maybe next winter.
10. I’m a sci fi geek. I read my first sci fi book at age 10, The Forever War by Joe Haldeman. Not the greatest book ever but I was hooked.
I’m going to refrain from passing the post on to a list of bloggers because I want to know more about ALL of you, bloggers and readers alike. Please comment with your own ten pieces of honest scrap!