Thursday, February 4, 2010

Planning Ahead

I used up all my weekly points allowance (the extra points you can use anytime during the week) today at lunch.  I always do that!  The first day of the WW week I use 'em up.  Sigh.  Goal for next Thursday... don't do that!  So for dinner I had a pretty good salad and a sweet potato.  And I've already prepared tomorrow's lunch tote contents:
  • salad of mixed butter lettuce, cilantro, 1/4 avocado, 1/2 cup kidney beans, splash olive oil, splash lime juice (same salad I had for dinner tonight);
  • 3 sticks of string cheese to be snacked on throughout the day;
  • sandwich of 2 pieces Sara Lee De-Lightful multi-grain bread, 2 tbs Naturally More peanut butter (only 2 points per serving, people!!) and all-fruit strawberry jam/spread; and
  • unsweetened applesauce.
We'll see if that holds me.  Sounds like plenty.  For breakfast I'm planning on 1 piece toast with coconut oil for my fat (don't knock it 'til ya try it) and a fruit smoothie made of: frozen cherries, spinach, skim milk, PB2 because I'm already getting plenty of fats tomorrow, and agave nectar.  And dinner will be crockpot pot roast (I think it's a lean cut, I don't see any fat on it) with salad and a sweet potato.  No gym planned tomorrow but there will be a little yoga at lunch possibly.  I plan to go to the gym Saturday.  I need to work on my water intake, too.

For me planning ahead makes a huge difference. How about you?  Are you planning for tomorrow to help stay on track?  Or does it help you at all?  Maybe you have a good routine down pat and don't need to plan it anymore?

8 comments:

Anonymous Fat Girl said...

Interesting on the coconut oil... LOL I won't knock that for sure but what's up with the cherries & spinach smoothee? Is that really any good? ;)

I haven't planned a whole lot out yet. I just usually see what hubby's in the mood for and go from there.

liz said...

you can put spinach in any smoothie and you don't taste it at all, you just get extra nutrients! in a lighter colored smoothie you can see the green color, but in this one i could not.

my fella eats alot of things that i wish i could eat but i should not, so if i plan ahead i'm more likely to come up with a dinner that he will like and i won't feel bad about eating. today i forgot to put the roast in the crockpot this morning so i came home at lunch, now, to put it in. it's not frozen so i'll put it on high and we should be ok :)

Shelby said...

Planning ahead is a must-do for me because otherwise I end up undereating out of fear or overeating out of having too many choices. Haven't tried the PB2 yet, is it any good?

liz said...

shelby, yep, pb2 is pretty good! http://bit.ly/aJq5Ur i wrote a post about it if you're interested.

Agnes said...

Oh, coconut oil -- love it!
I think planning ahead just makes sense.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I do a little bit of both: planning for upcoming splurge meals (like today) by sticking to my routine foods/meals before and after. Most of my friends eat healthy food, so any impromptu gatherings don't usually derail me.

Have an awesome weekend!

The Chubby Girl Diaries said...

Those extra points are pure evil sometimes! I too find myself using them up right away!

I will have to try the spinach smoothie!! :)

~Kellie

Kelly said...

Planning ahead definitely helps me stay on track. Also, keeping busy. I've been sitting around all day today and I think I've ate enough calories for 3 days, oops!